Eugene & Marilyn Glick Indiana Authors Award Intern - Spring 2018
We are excited to announce that we are seeking an intern for the Spring 2018 semester! The intern will work closely with one of the Library Foundation’s Development Officers on the statewide Eugene & Marilyn Glick Indiana Authors Award program (www.indianaauthorsaward.org) and will assist other staff members as needed. This internship requires 16 hours per week in the office and is scheduled to begin in January with an end date in late April or early May. Pay starts at $12 an hour. This internship may be served for college credit, to expand on your education or for critical job experience. Internships for course credit must be approved by the student’s school or department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare for, attend and take minutes at Award Panel meetings
· Research nominated authors and provide information about authors to panel
· Coordinate the creation of promotional materials for the Award program
· Update award website and work with Library Foundation on social media and blog content
· Determine public broadcasting underwriting schedule
· Provide administrative support for the Development Officer-IAA, including proofreading, filing and research
· Assist with silent auction solicitation
· Participate in Library Foundation meetings as appropriate
· Other duties as assigned
· Research alternate communication portals for panel process
· Research other Award programs and present ideas for improvement of format or process
· At least a Junior in college; graduate-level candidate preferred
· Proactive problem-solver
· Passion for literature, coupled with a strong work ethic and drive to excel
· Excellent research and written communication skills
· Proficiency in using databases, word processors, spreadsheets, electronic calendaring, email and the Internet; experience with Microsoft Office and online document sharing tools a plus
· Professionalism, discretion and honesty in handling confidential information
· Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends for events
This job description shows the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
Please send résumé, cover letter, and a one-two page writing sample (business writing preferred) to Caity Withers, Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumés will be accepted through October 16, 2017.